Monday, November 29, 2010

New Published Work and Working with a New Designer

So as many of you already have heard from me posting on other websites, I have had part of my project on entrepreneurs published in the latest issue of JPG magazine. Issue 24 is about economics and the effects of the recession on our country and those in other countries. With the project that I'm working on, I've been showing how the recession has been effecting small business owners in the small communities of upstate, NY.
This project took about a year to kick off and morph into what it has today. When I first started this project I had no idea where I was headed with it. Starting off as a project on the people of upstate, NY it quickly shifted gears to entrepreneurs and catapulting the people of upstate project to the back of the line. What really got me pushing forward with Entrepreneurs was the fact that there were all of these hole in the wall type of businesses around while growing up that I never had the nerve to go into for whatever reason. I believe that I was just intimidated about going into someplace that I didn't even know what it was that they did or service that they offered. Ever since I started getting serious with photography, my camera and a few mentors got me to break out of that ethos and throw away any fears (large and small) that would hold me back. This is what has made this project so much fun. I get to see these people for who they are and put a personality to the people I would otherwise probably never see, or not even know who they were while seeing them in their place of business. Keep on checking my website for more work on this project under the editorial section. www.mattgrangerphoto.com

Also in new news, I have paired up with Collin Badger owner of Freshrr Creative & Design Studio to work on my new website. It has been great to find another creative mind in town to work with. Check out Freshrr at www.freshrr.com
On top of working with me, Freshrr has a strong client list, most recently Mr. Complex and J-Live. We're just getting started with the new layout of the site and everything is starting to look great and I'm pumped to be working with Collin.

No comments:

Post a Comment